A two-storey listed building of 1911 - one of the few that survived the 1917 city's fire - by the port of Thessaloniki, initially a residence, then headquarters of a shipping company and afterwards part of the port's 'red light district' infrastructure was restored and converted into an office.
Special care was taken for the treatment of the initial materials, the wooden floors, the tiling and the stucco on the walls. Discreet interventions on the structure and the facade and specially designed furniture for the interior resulted to a distinctive and unobtrusive architectural gesture.
LISTED BUILDING RESTORATION
Location: Port District, Thessaloniki / Architectural Design: Katerina Tsigarida Architects / Architects: K. Tsigarida, T. Tantsis / Design: 2008 / Total area:380 sqm / Photos: Y.Yerolumbos